I help organizations engage their clients, employees, and stakeholders.
What I Can Do
- Identify and research key audiences
- Refine core messages and create memorable language
- Develop effective communications strategies for multiple platforms (e.g. social media, email, presentations, brochures)
- Unify messages across web, print, and in-person communications
- Connect messages to the organization’s central purpose
- Monitor and improve communications performance
- Recommend the best technologies for the organization’s communication needs and training staff to use them well
- Design compelling online, print, and direct communications
- Content strategy
- Community building (online and in-person)
- Social media strategy
- Presentation development
- Website and email design
Some Things I’ve Done
- Launched the Emerging Scholars Blog to connect students and faculty with resources for their professional and spiritual development.
- Managed media relations for a weeklong international event covered by more than 180 print, television, and online journalists.
- Written an External Climate Study on trends in higher education for InterVarsity’s Board of Trustees.
- Led the establishment of a 501(c)(3) educational foundation.
- Created social media strategies for nonprofit and educational organizations.
- Designed and launched websites for small businesses and nonprofit organizations using both WordPress and Drupal.
- Created a seminar curriculum to help undergraduates prepare for graduate school.
- Designed and published email newsletters for students, teachers, university faculty, donors, and nonprofit organizations.
Visit my portfolio for more details.
- Communications Manager for the Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Associate Director for InterVarsity’s Emerging Scholars Network
- Director of Foundation Services and Charity Analyst for the Cincinnati BBB
- Assistant Manager of Foundation and Small Business Development for The Louisville Orchestra
- Freelance web designer and developer
My wife, our three children, and I live in Northern Kentucky.