My wife gives amazing gifts. She thinks about them for months, chooses something that you will love, and buys it at the best price. Last year, she gave me an AeroPress coffee maker. I use it every day to make amazing coffee. If you have a coffee lover on your Christmas list, I highly recommend considering an AeroPress. If you want to learn more, I’ve put some links at the bottom of this post.
As someone who likes to fiddle and experiment, I love that you can make coffee in many different ways with the AeroPress. Here’s my current recipe, which I developed so that I can save money and use only one scoop of coffee.
- Microwave 1.5 cups of cold water on high for 2 minutes, 30 seconds. This brings the water close to boiling (and gives you time to prepare your brew).
- Grind 1 scoop of beans for 15 seconds. I prefer dark roasts for the AeroPress and have found that lighter roasts taste a bit too “bright” toward the end of the cup.
- Invert the AeroPress and move the plunger to position 4. Empty the beans into the AeroPress. Fill with hot water and stir 4–5 times.
- Let the coffee steep for 90 seconds. While I’m waiting, I rinse a new filter with cold water and get it ready.
- Cap the AeroPress with the filter, invert over a mug, and press down slowly on the plunger. Top off the cup with leftover hot water.
To learn more about the AeroPress: