A while back, I asked for your recommendations for the best books for undergrads, and you came through with a pretty impressive list. Let’s advance a few years.
What books do you recommend to graduate students, on God, on academia, or just about life in general?
There will probably be some overlap, but here are some common graduate school situations that might affect the list:
- Deeper exploration of a specific discipline or profession
- New life experiences (e.g. marriage, children, death of family and friends)
- Coping with failure and success
- The “quarterlife crisis“
- Growth and change in one’s spiritual life
What are your suggestions?
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Harvey Fellows: $16,000 for Graduate School This is a great opportunity for Christians pursuing graduate education….
- Best Books for Undergrads: Your Picks Thanks to everyone who weighed in on my request for…
- Best Books for Undergrads? In a mere 12 days(!), Tom and I will arrive…
- Seeking tips for international students On Friday, I led an International Discussion ForumÂ onÂ Randyâ€™s Last LectureÂ at…
- Favorite Books of 2008 I enjoyed skimming Mr. Wilson’s Bookshelf: Favorite Books of 2008….
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.