Andy Crouch’s new book, Culture Making, offers 5 questions that you should ask about cultural artifacts (i.e. cultural goods, things that make up a culture) if you want to understand it better:
- What does the cultural artifact assume about the way the world is?
- What does it assume about the way the world should be?
- What does it make possible?
- What does it make impossible (or at least more difficult)?
- What new culture is created in response?
On his website, Andy is asking these questions about the Olympics, and asking others to join the conversation.Â (At the very least, you should check it out for the cool response format Andy has set up.)